ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sean Roberts <srobe...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: ambari python version change
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 16:48:59 GMT
You should never replace the system Python on RHEL/CentOS.

If you have applications that require a different versions then install them separately (in
a VirtualEnv, /usr/local, /opt or many other methods).

--
Sean Roberts
@seano

From: Anup <ahireanup@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, October 2, 2017 at 5:19 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject: Re: ambari python version change

Thanks Gonzola. I was exploring to see if there is any easy away from having multiple versions
of python.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 2, 2017, at 6:49 AM, Gonzalo Herreros <gherreros@gmail.com<mailto:gherreros@gmail.com>>
wrote:
The issue I see there is not the Python version Ambari runs in (which should work) but the
fact that Ambari runs and installs it's packages on the system Python version.

I think upgrading RHEL 6 default Python to 2.7 is a big risk because core system services
where developed and tested on 2.6
As far as I now, there is not an official way of running Ambari on an non system default python
version.

Therefore, my advice if possible is that you upgrade RHEL to 7.
I wonder why do you care which version of Python is Ambari using.

Regards,
Gonzalo

On 2 October 2017 at 02:39, anup ahire <ahireanup@gmail.com<mailto:ahireanup@gmail.com>>