ambari-user mailing list archives

From MyGmail <amriv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to change cluster-env from stack_adviser or service_adviser
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2017 05:17:25 GMT
Ok, thank you Swapan.

Regards,
Andrey

> 27 окт. 2017 г., в 2:29, Swapan Shridhar <sshridhar@hortonworks.com> написал(а):
>

> Hi Andrey,
>
> Thanks for clarifying the use case.
>
> There are 2 options to set the cluster-env/enable_external_ranger:
> Blueprints (BP) : If you are installing the cluster via BP, you can update the enable_external_ranger
configs based on the requirement to True.
> UI : If you are installing via UI, enable_external_ranger flag in cluster-env.xml file
needs to be updated before starting UI installer wizard (a manual step), or updated via configs.py
which I have updated in my last email.
> Hope this helps.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Swapan.
>

> From: Markovich
> Date: Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 12:56 PM
> To: Swapan Shridhar
> Cc: "user@ambari.apache.org"
> Subject: Re: How to change cluster-env from stack_adviser or service_adviser
>
> Hi Swapan!
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I'd like to use ranger plugins for hdfs,hive and etc in my service.
> That's why i need to set enable_external_ranger = true in cluster-env. Without this properity
I can't see ranger plugin configs and can't update them. (for example ranger-hdfs-audit.)
> I need to ebable this in service_adviser, so I can recommend changes to this configs.
>
> May be you can advise me another solution?
>
> Regards,
> Andrey

>> Hi Markovich,
>>
>> There is no way of changing 'cluster-env' from stack-advisor (SA) or service_advisor.
>>
>> cluster-env is passed as services['configurations']['cluster-env']['properties']
to SA, but even if we update value in stack-advisor, it will never get propagated finally.

>> Can you explain on why you would like to have a config related to a customer service
in cluster-env and not in the service's site itself ?

>> Further cluster-env can be changed using (for reference) :

>> Eg: /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py -a set -l localhost -n c1
-c cluster-env -k "recovery_retry_interval" -v "10"

>> Ref: /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py -a <ACTION> -l <HOSTNAME>
-n <CLUSTER_NAME> -c <CONFIG_TYPE> -k "<CONFIG_NAME>" -v "<CONFIG_VALUE>"