ambari-user mailing list archives

From Anup <ahirea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ambari python version change
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 16:18:59 GMT
Thanks Gonzola. I was exploring to see if there is any easy away from having multiple versions
of python.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 2, 2017, at 6:49 AM, Gonzalo Herreros <gherreros@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The issue I see there is not the Python version Ambari runs in (which should work) but
the fact that Ambari runs and installs it's packages on the system Python version.

> I think upgrading RHEL 6 default Python to 2.7 is a big risk because core system services
where developed and tested on 2.6
> As far as I now, there is not an official way of running Ambari on an non system default
python version.

> Therefore, my advice if possible is that you upgrade RHEL to 7.
> I wonder why do you care which version of Python is Ambari using.
>
> Regards,
> Gonzalo
>
>> On 2 October 2017 at 02:39, anup ahire <ahireanup@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have amabri 2.4.2.0 running with python 2.6.6 on RHEL 6. I wan to switch to python
2.7.8 or higher.  Has anyone done it and Is it possible to switch easily ?