ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Ludwig <...@ordix.de>
Subject Stability of the REST-API
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2017 08:52:46 GMT
Hi,

I am starting to work with Apache Ambari and I have to realize a System to get a short Overview
over all Ambari Instances in one place. Ambari has a Dashboard to view the relevant metadata
of the cluster, but in my environment I have multiple Instances. My first approach is to connect
to the Ambari-REST API and extract the relevant metadata. I am scare about the stability of
the Ambari-REST-ABI. I don't want to change my program in the next release of Ambari only
because Apache has changed the internal data model and the structure of the REST API

It is possible to get an official Statement from Apache that guaranteed the stability of the
structure of the Ambari-REST-API.

In following Metadata I am interested in:

•Cluster-Name

•Connected Hosts

•Installed Services

•Permission and Roles