ambari-user mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: 答复: User Management with kerboes
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 12:45:54 GMT
Xinen…

Since Ambari is not meant to be an identity management system, you will need to manually create
the account for that user in your identity management system.  If you do not have one… for
example an Active Directory or some LDAP server… then I assume Ambari is set to use some
local MIT KDC and the Ambari users will be manually entered as _local_ users. If this is the
case, you will need to perform (some of all) of these steps manually:

1)       Create a principal for your user(s) in the MIT KDC using the KDC’s kadmin utility

2)       Create the local user account(s) on the hosts in the cluster

3)       Add the user(s) to Ambari as local user account(s).

If using Ambari views, then there is no need to create a Kerberos ticket for the user.  Ambari
will handle issue commands as the logged in user.

If using the services’ command-line tools, you will need to obtain Kerberos tickets, using
kinit, before issuing the commands.

Since Ambari is not meant to be used as a front end to a user identity management system,
there is no API for this.  There are also no plans to implement one.

Rob

From: Yuanxinen <yuanxinen@huawei.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 2:12 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject: 答复: User Management with kerboes

Hi Rob
Thank you for your replying.

I installed one Hdp 2.6,and other application want to use hdp service,lile hdfs filesystem
,hbase database and hive database.So this application need one Kerberos user pricinple and
its keytab.
But now there are not REST APIs for creating the Kerberos user pricinple and downing  its
keytabs by ambary UI or REST APIS,and I do this manuly by Kerberos client.
So I want to check if  there is  any REST API to create/get username and keytab..?

If not, if I want to impement this apis,is there any custom API to implement this in ambari?

Or is there a plan to support for ambary?

Regards
Xinen Yuan