ambari-user mailing list archives

From Adaryl Wakefield <adaryl.wakefi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: proper Ambari permissions
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 06:30:03 GMT
That worked! Thanks!

Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA
Principal
Mass Street Analytics, LLC
913.938.6685
www.massstreet.net<http://www.massstreet.net/>
www.linkedin.com/in/bobwakefieldmba<http://www.linkedin.com/in/bobwakefieldmba>
Twitter: @BobLovesData<http://twitter.com/BobLovesData>

From: Yusaku Sako [mailto:yusaku@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 1:16 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: proper Ambari permissions

Files View accesses HDFS as the current Ambari user that's logged in.
The output below (assuming that's coming from Files view) shows that you were logged in as
"admin" in Ambari and tried to delete files/dirs belonging to "root" with 755 permissions.
This will not work as the "admin" user does not have any superuser permission in HDFS (from
HDFS's perspective, it's just a regular user named "admin")

Here's a workaround that I can think of:
If you want to use Files View to manage all files/dirs in HDFS, you can create a user called
"hdfs" in Ambari, and log into Ambari as that user.
Then when you operate on HDFS files/dirs with Files View.

Yusaku