ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: proper Ambari permissions
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 05:45:47 GMT
Oh! these are files in HDFS.

You can delete them through HDFS command line after logging as the hdfs user. Something like

su hdfs

hdfs dfs -ls /user/
drwxrwx---   - ambari-qa     hdfs          0 2017-07-12 03:37 /user/ambari-qa?
hdfs dfs -rmr /user/ambari-qa

I am not familiar with the usage of File View but looks like creating and logging in as user
"hdfs" should work.

________________________________
From: Adaryl Wakefield <adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:57 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: RE: proper Ambari permissions

Actually they aren't even all files. I can't blow away directories either. The files that
I do have are the sample salaries data you can get from doing the file management tutorial
from Hortonworks.
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hortonworks/data-tutorials/893ba0221e2c76c91e9e2baa030323a42abcdf09/tutorials/hdp/hdp-2.5/manage-files-on-hdfs-via-cli-ambari-files-view/assets/sf-salary-datasets/sf-salaries-2011-2013.csv

Below is the error I get when I try to delete stuff from the GUI:

permission denied: user=admin, access=WRITE, inode="/user/hadoop/sf-salaries":root:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x

Permission denied: user=admin, access=WRITE, inode="/user/hadoop/sf-salaries-2011-2013/sf-salaries-2011-2013.csv":root:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x

Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA
Principal
Mass Street Analytics, LLC
913.938.6685