ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: proper Ambari permissions
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 04:03:49 GMT
?Can you provide example of some of the files?

In general Ambari runs as root unless configured with a custom user.  Some of the files it
manages may be created as the service user (say HDFS data directories are owned by HDFS service
user).

-Sumit

________________________________
From: Adaryl Wakefield <adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 8:30 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: proper Ambari permissions

When I'm working in Ambari, sometimes I can't manage files because whatever user I'm working
under doesn't have permission.

  1.  What account does Ambari use when it is interacting with the various other programs?
  2.  How do I need to set my permissions so that when I'm in Ambari as admin, I'm able to
create and blow away things at will?

Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA
Principal
Mass Street Analytics, LLC