ambari-user mailing list archives

From Bastian Ballmann <bastian.ballm...@inf.ethz.ch>
Subject Secure HDFS
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 11:10:25 GMT
Hi all,

I tried to setup a secure HDFS with simple authentification (no Kerberos
just plain user and groups).

I set hadoop.security.authentication to simple and
hadoop.security.authorization to true and configured all protocol acls
found in the Advanced hadoop policy menu, but this does not seem to be
sufficient.

When I restart the namenode it complains that it has no permission to
access org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol, but I cannot find
a configuration option for it in the Ambari menus.

Can you please give me a hint where or how I could configure it or is it
only possible by using a text editor and doing it manually?

Best,

Basti
--
ETH Zürich, Bastian Ballmann, IT Service Group
CAB E 44.1, Universitätsstrasse 6, CH-8092 Zürich