ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Ray Chaudhuri, Shirsha (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <shirsha.ray_chaudh...@nokia.com>
Subject How does Ambari resolve hosts for NN1, NN2 when both belong to same Host Group?
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2017 12:58:44 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use Apache Ambari’s Blueprints to setup a cluster having HDFS configured
to work with Name Node in HA mode. The blueprint will consist of references only to the host
group that represents the Name Nodes. If we have exactly similar set of services and components
on the 2 hosts which will have to contain the Name Node service, then how does the Blueprint
Processor map the different hosts to the nn1, nn2 options in the hdfs-site.xml? This is a
case when both hosts belong to the same Host Group for the NN service.

We have seen that the Ambari server makes both nn1 and nn2 point to the same host, leading
to a bad cluster.
Is this a limitation of the Blueprint Processor in Ambari or are we missing a way to specify
things in the Blueprint in such circumstances?

Regards
Shirsha