ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Pei H Zeng" <zeng...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apply custom service configs using Rest API
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 00:26:00 GMT
be removing it from Ambari, and&nbsp;I will be laying down a new stack definition for
the service and I will be installing this&nbsp;new version of the service after Ambari
has upgraded.</div>
previous version. My question is: is it good practice to apply the configs using Rest Api?</div>
2px; margin-left:5px; padding-left:5px; direction:ltr; margin-right:0px" >----- Original
message -----<br>From: Siddharth Wagle &lt;swagle@hortonworks.com&gt;<br>To:
"user@ambari.apache.org" &lt;user@ambari.apache.org&gt;<br>Cc:<br>Subject:
ACF
definition that you placed in the Ambari server resources/common-services and resource/stacks
dirs.</p>
it unless using an older Ambari version in which rpm over-wrote service definition.</p>
tabindex="-1" ><div dir="ltr" id="divRplyFwdMsg" ><font color="#000000" face="Calibri,
Apply custom service configs using Rest API</font>
REST API during Ambari upgrade process. e.g. Upgrade Ambari, back up the configs, remove the
service, install new version of the service, and apply the previously saved configs using
REST API.</div>
the configurations.</div>