ambari-user mailing list archives

From Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: BIGTOP Stack
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 17:12:22 GMT
Resend for visibility.  BIGTOP stack will be removed in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Nate

From: Nate Cole <ncole@apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 3:38 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>, "dev@ambari.apache.org" <dev@ambari.apache.org>
Subject: BIGTOP Stack

All,

In working on trunk, I noticed that changes are being backported to the BIGTOP stack in the
source tree.  These changes appear to be changes to other stacks where a similar coding pattern
is being followed in BIGTOP.  It is unclear if any of these changes are breaking the stack
or not.

I’m sending this email to check if anyone is actively supporting or working on this stack
for production purposes.  If not, then we can consider moving this stack to a Management Pack
instead of in the source tree proper.

Please respond in the next week only if you are actively using this stack, and I can reach
out to you to see if it can be moved to a Management Pack.

Thanks,
Nate