ambari-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Jackson <jackson.christopher....@gmail.com>
Subject requiredServices and supporting both Spark 1.x and Spark 2.x
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 20:13:45 GMT
Hi All,

It appears that HDP 2.6 will support both Spark1 and Spark2. It will allow these services
to be installed side by side and env variables will determine which is used when a process
that needs spark is run.

Services have a metainfo.xml file which they can list other services which are required for
their service to function properly. If a service required Spark (any version) how would they
define this in the metainfo.xml file? For instance I wouldn’t want the following as it would
imply that both Spark 1.x and Spark 2.x had to be installed:

<requiredServices>
  <service>SPARK</service>
  <service>SPARK2</service>
</requiredServices>

I also wouldn’t want to list only one or the other because this service supports both versions.

Was this addressed with newer version of Ambari or was this sort of issue overlooked?

Regards,
Christopher Jackson