ambari-user mailing list archives

From Marco Silva ...@binaryedge.io>
Subject Failing upgrade: Parameter original_stack has invalid value: HDP-2.4. The cluster is currently on stack HDP-2.5
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 13:48:54 GMT
I've upgraded from HDP-2.4 to HDP-2.5 successfully, when it finished there was a yellow notice
of Upgrade suspended. For some reason there is another upgrade process, for the same upgrade.
(The database shows that there are 2 upgrades processes (can't figure out way), the first
one was successful, and my cluster is on HDP-2.5)

Since the cluster is already on HDP-2.5 this upgrade fails with the following error message:

  Params: Data HDP-2.4 HDP-2.5 2.5.3.0-37 upgrade nonrolling-upgrade-2.5
  Checking if can update the Desired Stack Id to HDP-2.5. The cluster's current Stack Id is
HDP-2.5
  Parameter original_stack has invalid value: HDP-2.4. The cluster is currently on stack HDP-2.5,
HDP-2.5, yet the parameter to this function indicates a different value.

So how do I resolve this?

- How do I "cancel" this upgrade?
- or mark it as completed/success in the database/manually?
- or change the params from HDP-2.4 to HDP-2.5 and let it continue?

Since it's in this state of Upgrade, it doesn't allow me to install new services/clients.

Regards,

Marco