ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Jae-Hyuck Kwak" <jhk...@kisti.re.kr>
Subject add custom actions to client-only ambari service
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 00:46:30 GMT
Hi,

I¡¯m newbie to ambari and I have some questions about adding custom actions
to client-only ambari service.

1. I want to add client-only ambari service to mount/unmount another filesystem.
I defined two custom service actions, ¡®mount_fs¡¯ and ¡®unmount_fs¡¯ and
we want to add them to the ¡®HERE¡¯ place shown in the attached file.

It seems that only pre-defined actions will be shown at that place. Is it true?

The purpose of the custom service action is to mount/umount another filesystem
from all the nodes that ambari client-only service installed.

Is is possible? and how?

2. I want to customize summary section for our service. I¡¯ve found the section is
coming from the Ambari UI code and not yet configurable via Ambari service code.

Would I have more details about this? Simple example will be always welcome.

3. I want add some metrics below summary section. I¡¯ve tested, but I had a problem
to add metric from metric browser. ¡®Add¡¯ button doesn¡¯t work.

Is is possible to add metric section to client-only ambari service?

Any kinds of comments will be welcome.

Best regards,
Jae-Hyuck