ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Apply custom service configs using Rest API
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 04:25:23 GMT
Hi Pei,

REST API is the only way to perform all Ambari operations. So it is not about the best practice.
You could also write an upgrade pack and actually upgrade the service through Ambari.

The scripts that I mentioned call the REST API to do get and put operations on configs instead
of the user trying to make curl calls.

- Sid

________________________________
From: Pei H Zeng <zengpei@us.ibm.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2017 4:26 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Cc: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apply custom service configs using Rest API

Hi,

What I meant was, after I backed up the configs for my service, I will be removing it from
Ambari, and I will be laying down a new stack definition for the service and I will be installing
this new version of the service after Ambari has upgraded.
So I will need to carry over the configs that was backed up for the previous version. My question
is: is it good practice to apply the configs using Rest Api?

Thanks