ambari-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Install without root and custom users
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 19:32:12 GMT
Hy Ryan,

All of those folders are customizable via the UI or blueprints.
Some paths like /usr/lib/ambari-server , /var/lib/ambari-server , and var/lib/ambari-agent
are must-haves.
Plus, /etc/$COMP/conf  (and the parent folder)

Can you provide a more detailed list of the configs and paths currently set that are in restrictive
locations?

Thanks,
Alejandro

From: Ryan Murray <rymurr@gmail.com<mailto:rymurr@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 7:10 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Install without root and custom users

Hi all!

I am trying to get a cluster running on ambari. Problem is I have a very restrictive environment.
I don't have root and I have a single service account under which everything has to run.

I have extracted and managed to start the server and agent RPMs and even got through the whole
setup wizard.

However the deployment always fails as it trys to create users or directorys that it doesn't
have rights to create. (Eg /etc/hadoop or /home/hive or the hdfs user account). Sadly I don't
have exact logs as I can't copy them out of my restrictive system.

Is there any way to customise the users and directorys that ambari uses prior to running the
wizard?

Best,
Ryan