ambari-user mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: build for windows hangs
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 08:23:24 GMT
Thanks very much Myroslav

I didn't think i had any binaries of my own there. so i deleted my working folder and re-extracted
files from the tar file

I reran the original command and it hung again

However when I added -Drat.skip as you suggested. It proceeded further until it failed in
Ambari Web. I have posted a new issue for that already. So as long as the hang issue is concerned
it is fixed.

________________________________
From: Myroslav Papyrkovskyy <mpapyrkovskyy@hortonworks.com>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 11:57 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: build for windows hangs

Hello.
This looks like place where rat plugin does its job.
Most likely this is not a hang, but you have some large binary file in you working copy. Rat
often spends too much time trying to analyze such things.

Try to disable rat plugin with -Drat.skip
If this helps look for binaries in your working copy and remove them.

Regards,
Myroslav Papirkovskyi

31 ???. 2017 ?. ? 08:49 jeff saremi <jeffsaremi@hotmail.com<mailto:jeffsaremi@hotmail.com>>
???????(??):

I'm trying to build Ambari for windows using a command line that I think would get me there
(since there are no instructions that can be found for Windows):

mvn  -X clean package -DnewVersion=2.4.2.0.0 -DskipTests -Dpython.ver="python >= 2.6" -P
windows > mvnlog.txt 2>&1

This is where the job gets stopped. I have waited up to an hour at this time with no luck.
I have stopped and started this a few times again with no luck.

[DEBUG]  - included docs\src\site\site.xml
[DEBUG]  - included KEYS
[DEBUG]  - included LICENSE.txt
[DEBUG]  - included logo.png
[DEBUG]  - included mvnlog.txt