ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Murray <rym...@gmail.com>
Subject Install without root and custom users
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:10:57 GMT
Hi all!

I am trying to get a cluster running on ambari. Problem is I have a very
restrictive environment. I don't have root and I have a single service
account under which everything has to run.

I have extracted and managed to start the server and agent RPMs and even
got through the whole setup wizard.

However the deployment always fails as it trys to create users or
directorys that it doesn't have rights to create. (Eg /etc/hadoop or
/home/hive or the hdfs user account). Sadly I don't have exact logs as I
can't copy them out of my restrictive system.

Is there any way to customise the users and directorys that ambari uses
prior to running the wizard?

Best,
Ryan