This is something that has to be done in different files, and different places, this is a whole bunch of work. I can suggest you file a ticket in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI regarding this.

Or as Sumit said :
 In order to define customized configuration property, user should use theme for enhanced configs (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Enhanced+Configs)

- This is already implemented in trunk for configs that you are interested in.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Satyanarayana Jampa <sjampa@innominds.com> wrote:

What part of the UI code, needs to be hard coded.

                So far I found one file with references to the fields under Advanced Tab:

“/opt/apache-ambari-2.2.2-src/ambari-web/public/javascripts/app.js”

Can someone point me to the correct UI code.

From: Alexander Antonenko [mailto:alexantonenko@apache.org]
Sent: 16 December 2016 23:58

To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: custom config property

In order to define customized configuration property, user should use theme for enhanced configs (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Enhanced+Configs). Making the property appear outside enhanced configs tab (i.e., inside Advanced tab) is only possible after hardcoding inside UI code.