ambari-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari new stack Install API procedure
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2016 19:22:22 GMT
Hi Margus,

Try this,
How to submit "Install Packages" request

API

curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -i -X  POST http://%{ambari_server_host}%:8080/api/v1/clusters/%{cluster_name}%/stack_versions
-d

'{

 "ClusterStackVersions":{

   "stack":"HDP",

   "version":"2.5",

   "repository_version":"%{repo_version}%"

 }

}'

Example

curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -i -X  POST http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/cl1/stack_versions
-d '{"ClusterStackVersions":{"stack":"HDP","version":"2.5","repository_version":"2.5.0.0-1245"}}'

How to validate upgrade prerequisites

API

curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -i -X GET "http://%{ambari_server_host}%:8080/api/v1/clusters/%{cluster_name}%/rolling_upgrades_check?fields=*&UpgradeChecks/repository_version=%{repo_version}%&UpgradeChecks/upgrade_type=${type}"

${type} is either ROLLING, NON_ROLLING. Default is ROLLING

How to submit "Rolling Upgrade" or "Express Upgrade" request

API

curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -i -X  POST "http://%{ambari_server_host}%:8080/api/v1/clusters/%{cluster_name}%/upgrades"
-d

'{

 "Upgrade":{

   // Repository version to upgrade to | downgrade from

   "repository_version":"%{repo_version}%",

   // Direction = upgrade|downgrade. Default=upgrade

   "direction":"%{direction}%",

   // Skip service check failures if the tasks are skippable. default=false

   // Value in request overrides corresponding property in the upgrade pack

   "skip_service_check_failures":"false"

   // Skip slave/client component failures if the tasks are skippable. Default=false

   // Value in request overrides corresponding property in the  upgrade pack

   "skip_failures":"false"

   // Skip running pre-req checks when upgrade API endpoint is called. Default=false

   // Required pre-req check failures

   "skip_prerequisite_checks":"false"

   // Fail upgrade request if pre-requisite checks fail with a warning. Default=false

   // Recommended pre-req check failures

   "fail_on_check_warnings":"false"

   // Rolling or Express Upgrade require this. The default is ROLLING

   "upgrade_type":"ROLLING|NON_ROLLING"

 }

}'

Example

curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -i -X  POST "http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/cl1/upgrades"
-d '{"Upgrade":{"repository_version":"2.5.0.0-1245", "direction":"UPGRADE", "upgrade_type":"ROLLING"}}'

Thanks,
Alejandro