ambari-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How can I change the default stack version and build id?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 19:44:35 GMT
Each stack defines a file called stack_tools.json, which includes the name of a utility like
conf-select or hdp-select/distro-select.
E.g., ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/properties/stack_tools.json

ambari-common/src/main/python/resource_management/libraries/functions/stack_select.py
distro-select should support commands like

distro-select set all <version>
distro-select set <comp> <version>
distro-select status
distro-select status <comp>

ambari-common/src/main/python/resource_management/libraries/functions/conf_select.py has commands
like

conf-select create-conf-dir <comp> <version>
conf-select set-conf-dir <comp> <version>

Thanks,
Alejandro

From: Discovery <wl_428@qq.com<mailto:wl_428@qq.com>>
Date: Monday, December 5, 2016 at 3:34 AM
To: user <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: How can I change the default stack version and build id?

Hi Ambari experts,

                     I have a requirement for defining my own stack with following the Ambari
rule, from my understanding, HDP is just one of the defined stacks, when I try to define a
new HDP-similar stack and package all RPMs, how I can make Ambari knows and find my own HDP-similar
installation packages. For example, myownstack-1.0.0.0-1234 .

                    Where does the Ambari python code read the stack version/build id? And
where does the version-reading Python code locate in Ambari source code? Now I find Ambari
always read HDP stack and version RPM when doing installation.:-(

                    I do not know if I need to define my own files as below in the HDP-similar
package?
                   <cid:3609FA01@B1C5ED64.CB504558> 3609FA01@B1C5ED64.CB504558

                 Hopefully I have described the problem clearly, ;-) Thanks you in advance!