ambari-user mailing list archives

From Margus Kiting <margus.kit...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari new stack Install API procedure
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2016 11:25:44 GMT
Hi,

I hope someone in this list can help me.

I'm trying to automate HDP upgrade procedure, but I'm stuck with API
procedures to install new HDP stack packages to all my cluster hosts.

I'm able to register new stack version using API, but for some reason
packages installation API call sends unreadable blob to Ambari server and
the magic happens.

I know how to initiate  Express Upgrade process using API, but before
starting upgrade, packages should be installed to the hosts. Sure, I could
install new packages to all hosts manually, but I think Ambari would not
know that the hosts have packages installed.

I hope here are some experts who could explain how new stack version
packages installation procedure works and maybe there is an proper API call
for that.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Margus Kiting