ambari-user mailing list archives

From Lai Yeong Wei <yw...@origineit.com>
Subject Writing Upgrade Packs For Custom Stacks
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2016 06:27:41 GMT
Hi All,

We are currently developing Custom Stack based on Ambari 2.2.0. We are in
the mist of planning for upgrade version of the Custom Stack.

The closest documentation I could find is at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/How-To+Define+Stacks+and+Services#How-ToDefineStacksandServices-StackAdvisor

Under the heading *Stack Upgrades*. There consist examples of Upgrade Packs
XML. However there are a few items which I am still unclear as below,

1. From the contents of
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/branch-2.2.1/ambari-server/src/main/resources/
*stacks/HDP/2.3/upgrades/upgrade-2.4.xml*.

Does it mean that when we rolled out Customer Stack 1.0, we need to include
the upgrade pack xml along with it already, say for 1.1? Meaning in the
Stack directory, we would expect /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/
*stacks/CustomStack/1.0/upgrades/upgrade-1.1.xml*?

2. Is there a documentation that explains how to use the Upgrade Pack XML?
For example the tag usage?

Thanks in advance!