ambari-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari, upgrading HDP to 2.5 fail save cluster status
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 18:07:20 GMT

Next, you can "Resume" the upgrade in order to "Finalize".

Thanks,
Alejandro

From: José Manuel Molero <jmlero@hotmail.com<mailto:jmlero@hotmail.com>>
Date: Friday, October 28, 2016 at 10:58 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Ambari, upgrading HDP to 2.5 fail save cluster status

Hi all,

I am using the Hortonworks Hadoop distribution with Ambari. I try to upgrade from HDP 2.4
to 2.5 and I am using Ambari 2.4.1.

I try to upgrade using ambari following this guide: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.4.1.0/bk_ambari-upgrade/content/upgrading_hdp_stack.html
point by point.

But always at the end, when the upgrade is finalizing I have always the same error:

The following 1 host(s) have not been upgraded to version 2.5.0.0-1245. Please install and
upgrade the Stack Version on those hosts and try again.
Hosts: client.hadoop

But the stack is installed. I check with:

hdp-select versions

2.4.0.0-169

2.5.0.0-1245

And all the packages are using the version 2.5.0.0-1245

And ambari is not able to save the status of the cluster.

Any help to try to debug would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.