ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dmytro Bielievtsov <bielievt...@ibdi.pro>
Subject Re: Postgres Error while installing Ambari
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 10:49:39 GMT
Hi,

Permission denied (publickey,password)

Did you make sure that issuing "ssh -i /path/to/your/private/key
<node-fqdn>" from root@master-node works to all your nodes (including the
one which runs ambari server itself)?

Usually you should:
1) generate ssh key-pair under the root account on you *master-node* (the
one that runs ambari-server). Make sure it is not encrypted to allow
passwordless login
2) append contents of the public key (e.g. id_rsa.pub) to the file
/root/.ssh/authorized_hosts on all of the nodes, *including* the master
node.
3) test ssh access by running "ssh -i /path/to/your/private/key
node1.example.com" from the master node (substitute path to the private key
(/root/.ssh/id_rsa by default, when creating under the root user) and fqdns
of your nodes).
4) you should now be able to paste that private key to the ambari's
web-interface and use the root user to deploy the agents)