ambari-user mailing list archives

From Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to get Hive host,user and password into my custom service
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 14:15:05 GMT
Satya,

You can get the config values of any other service or host information – those are sent,
in full, for each command to the agent.  You can find commands in /var/lib/ambari-agent/data.

Thanks,
Nate

From: Satyanarayana Jampa <sjampa@innominds.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 7:52 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject: How to get Hive host,user and password into my custom service

Hi,
     I have written a custom service in which I need the information of Hive_host, hive_user
and hive_password.
     Instead of asking the end-user to enter these values during installation as config parameters
for the custom service, is there a way that I can use some env parameters that use to hold
these values.

Similarly, I need the env. Parameters for sqoop host etc.

Thanks,
Satya.