ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jaimin Jetly <jai...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Debugging Enhanced Config
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2016 00:43:46 GMT
Hi Steve,

you will need to look into the themes API being exposed from stacks endpoint to confirm that
whatever theme.json looks is being exposed via API.

If API is returning information as expected then JS code that acts when navigating to the
service's enhanced config page needs to be debugged.

?

Is it possible for you to share your original MPack or any different version of MPack where
you are hitting this issue ?

-- Thanks

    Jaimin

________________________________
From: Steve Varnau <steve.varnau@esgyn.com>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 12:34 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Debugging Enhanced Config

Hi,

I am working on plugging an MPack into Ambari and that is working well. I also want to use
enhanced configuration.

The symptom I'm seeing is that the new "Settings" tab shows up for my service, but it is greyed
out and hovering shows the message "No properties to display".  No config filters are on,
so I should be seeing something there.

I've checked the ambari-server.log, but found nothing, so I don't think there is a syntax
error or unmatched brace in the theme.json file.

I'm sure it is reading the theme file, since the tab shows up, and the properties specified
are not showing up on the Advanced tab.  I think the configuration xml is in pretty good shape,
since when I remove properties from theme.json, they show up fine in the Advanced tab.

I've tried to make the theme as simple as possible, just trying to show a single section/subsection
with a single property with a simple text-field widget, but no luck.

Is there some method I can use to debug my enhanced config set-up?

--Steve