ambari-user mailing list archives

From Steve Varnau <steve.var...@esgyn.com>
Subject Debugging Enhanced Config
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 19:34:46 GMT
Hi,

I am working on plugging an MPack into Ambari and that is working well. I
also want to use enhanced configuration.

The symptom I’m seeing is that the new “Settings” tab shows up for my
service, but it is greyed out and hovering shows the message “No properties
to display”.  No config filters are on, so I should be seeing something
there.

I’ve checked the ambari-server.log, but found nothing, so I don’t think
there is a syntax error or unmatched brace in the theme.json file.

I’m sure it is reading the theme file, since the tab shows up, and the
properties specified are not showing up on the Advanced tab.  I think the
configuration xml is in pretty good shape, since when I remove properties
from theme.json, they show up fine in the Advanced tab.

I’ve tried to make the theme as simple as possible, just trying to show a
single section/subsection with a single property with a simple text-field
widget, but no luck.

Is there some method I can use to debug my enhanced config set-up?

--Steve