ambari-user mailing list archives

From Rui Gao <r...@yahoo-corp.jp>
Subject About Ganglia configuration in hadoop-metrics2.properties.j2
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 08:13:14 GMT

Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all. I’m Gao, an engineer working in Japan.

I’m using Ambari to deploy Hadoop clusters, and using ganglia to monitor clusters.
In a cluster using Ambari Version 2.2.2.0, thanks to hadoop-metrics2.properties.j2, we could
got following configurations in hadoop-metrics2.properties of namenodes:

#Namenode rpc ports customization
namenode.sink.timeline.metric.rpc.client.port=${rpc_port}
namenode.sink.timeline.metric.rpc.datanode.port=${serviceRPC_port}

These configurations help us to monitor the ports respectively in Ambari WebUI as two groups:
 rpcdetailed.rpcdetailed.client.CompleteAvgTime and rpcdetailed.rpcdetailed.datanode.CompleteAvgTime
.

I want to monitor these ports separately in ganglia, so we add

#Namenode rpc ports customization
namenode.sink.timeline.metric.rpc.client.port=${rpc_port}
namenode.sink.timeline.metric.rpc.datanode.port=${serviceRPC_port}

#Namenode rpc ports customization(ganglia)
namenode.sink.ganglia.metric.rpc.client.port=${rpc_port}
namenode.sink.ganglia.metric.rpc.datanode.port=${serviceRPC_port}

in the testing cluster, which using Ambari Version 2.2.1.1, but we still can only get the
metrics of one port. And can only get rpcdetailed.rpcdetailed.CompleteAvgTime, not “rpcdetailed.rpcdetailed.client.CompleteAvgTime
and rpcdetailed.rpcdetailed.datanode.CompleteAvgTime” respectively.

I wonder to ask that is there anyone knows how to get separated ports metrics for ganglia
by editing ambari Hadoop-metrics2.properties.j2 file?
And,  is separated port monitoring can only be possible in Ambari Version 2.2.2.0 and newer
versions, not supported in Ambari Version 2.2.1.1? Or, just I made mistakes about the configuration?

Looking forward to your reply! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Gao