ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Unable to delete host from ambari using API (HDP2.4 with Ambari 2.2)
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2016 15:44:49 GMT
?Have you stopped the agent running on the host? If not then it will re-register.

After stopping the agent, delete the host from api/v1/hosts/<hostname> as well.

________________________________
From: Kartik Mathur <kartik@bluedata.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 11:43 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Unable to delete host from ambari using API (HDP2.4 with Ambari 2.2)

I have 7 nodes HDP 2.4 with ambari 2.2 cluster -

This is the closest document that I am able to find for deleting host using APIs.

My host has these services running -

1) Zookeeper_server

2)DATANODE

3)NODEMANAGER

4)RegionServer

5)FLUME

1) I first decommision data and node manager using this -

curl -u admin:admin -i -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X POST -d '{ "RequestInfo":{ "context":"Decommission
DataNode", "command":"DECOMMISSION", "parameters":{ "slave_type":"DATANODE", "excluded_hosts":"bluedata-69.bdlocal"
}, "operation_level":{ "level":"HOST_COMPONENT", "cluster_name":"h2" } }, "Requests/resource_filters":[
{ "service_name":"HDFS", "component_name":"NAMENODE" } ] }' http://10.35.229.2:8080/api/v1/clusters/h2/requests

2)Next I stop and delete all components (listed above, which I am successfully able to)

3) Strange thing happens after this -

There is a random behavior on ambari UI where we sometimes see this host and sometimes not
, besides now if I try to delete host from ambari API it gives me server error and tells host
does not exist!! , however I can still go on UI and delete the host.

All I wanted to do is decommision data node and delete a host in a clean way using ambari
APIs , please assist

Thanks
Kartik