ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: About Ganglia configuration in hadoop-metrics2.properties.j2
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 16:10:05 GMT
Hi Rui Gao,

Ambari no longer support Ganglia in version 2.1.0. Instead Ambari Metrics Service provides
better capability to scale with regards to growing cluster size as well as customized dashboard
based visualizations using Grafana.

Regarding you question regarding the ports: Is the NN configured to listen on different ports
for clients and datanodes?

hdfs-site :: dfs.namenode.servicerpc-address

Again these settings that you have below:

rpcdetailed.rpcdetailed.client.CompleteAvgTime and rpcdetailed.rpcdetailed.datanode.CompleteAvgTime

are verified to work with AMS backend in 2.2.2 and not Ganglia.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Metrics

BR,

Sid