ambari-user mailing list archives

From Chandan Kumar <cku...@nextpathway.com>
Subject Installing Ranger via ambari-blueprint
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 18:49:45 GMT
Hello,

I want to install ranger using ambari-blueprint. I am using the official wikipage for the
same. Page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Blueprint+support+for+Ranger

I used the sample blueprint provided, the blue print seems to work, but at later stage the
ranger-admin installation fails with error. [because it is trying to download the mysql java
connector from the ambari server which does not exists.]

raise Fail("Failed to download file from {0} due to HTTP error: {1}".format(self.url, str(ex)))
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Failed to download file from http://dev15-namenode-01.nextpathway.com:8080/resources//mysql-jdbc-driver.jar
due to HTTP error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

However, the manual step works where I do ambari-server setup to configure the jdbc driver.

On googling I found similar issue has been reported and fixed as per the JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-9476

But I am still getting the same issue. I am using ambari 2.2.2.0 on hdp 2.3.

Thanks
Chandan