ambari-user mailing list archives

From Aravindan Vijayan <avija...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Grafana using Ambari as Data Source
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 21:54:44 GMT
Hi Gunnar,

As of now, the grafana plugin that ships with Ambari is configured to talk to Ambari Metrics
Service (AMS) only. It is the AMS REST server (METRICS COLLECTOR) that runs on port 6188.
You can add AMS to Ambari if you do not have it already.

You can execute the following from the top level "ambari" directory in ambari git<https://github.com/apache/ambari>
repository.

cp -R ambari-metrics/ambari-metrics-grafana/ambari-metrics /usr/share/grafana/public/app/plugins/datasource

Once the above copying is done, on restart of Grafana, it will have the plugin to talk to
an AMS end point. The AMS end point for configuring the new datasource will be the <METRICS_COLLECTOR_HOST>:6188
, and datasource type will be AmbariMetrics.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aravindan Vijayan

From: Gunnar Tapper
Date: Friday, August 26, 2016 at 10:50 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>"
Subject: Grafana using Ambari as Data Source

Hi,

I'm trying to build an application dashboard in Grafana. Some of the data I need is available
in Ambari so I'd like to use Ambari as a data source based on the information in: https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/trunk/ambari-metrics/ambari-metrics-grafana

Unfortunately, the information does not seem quite correct. For example, this command doesn't
show the correct root directory and I cannot find ambari-metrics-grafana/ambari-metrics.

cp -R ambari/ambari-metrics/ambari-metrics-grafana/ambari-metrics /usr/share/grafana/public/app/plugins/datasource

I'm running Ambari Version 2.2.2.0.

I can see the Ambari metrics in Main.org but fail to create a new Ambari data source using
port 6188 against the same URL that the Ambari UI is using even though AmbariMetrics is a
viable data source. Error: "Internal Server Error."

What am I missing?

--
Thanks,

Gunnar
If you think you can you can, if you think you can't you're right.