ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Cheng, Yi" <yi.ch...@hpe.com>
Subject Unable to connect to Ambari Server. Confirm Ambari Server is running and you can reach Ambari Server from this machine
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 23:32:59 GMT
Hi:

I am Using root account.
I installed ambary-server on a redhat-6 server machine (ip: 192.85.247.104).
Then I do
ambari-server start

the server starts without problem. (attached the log files)

I checked the ambari.properties file attached.
It has
client.api.port=8098

so I used my laptop to goto (my laptop using vpn to connect to the server)
http://192.85.247.104:8098

I am landed on
http://192.85.247.104:8098/#/login

and see the login page then I typed admin/admin for user/pass

Then I got following error.

Sign in
Unable to connect to Ambari Server. Confirm Ambari Server is running and you can reach Ambari
Server from this machine.

I have checked the server.log no messages generated.

I am stuck here.

Help is hugely appreciated.

Cheng Yi