ambari-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Specify optional service config parameter without default value
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:10:32 GMT
  <property>
    <name>foo</name>
    <value></value>
    <description>bar</description>
    <value-attributes>
      <empty-value-valid>true</empty-value-valid>
    </value-attributes>
    <on-ambari-upgrade add="true"/>
  </property>

From: priyanka gugale <priyag@apache.org<mailto:priyag@apache.org>>
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 6:06 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Specify optional service config parameter without default value

Hi,

I would like to specify couple of service parameters which are optional and don't have a default
value.

I have specified my parameter in following way in config file:

<property>
    <name>datatorrent.config_file.path</name>
    <value></value>
    <description>Full path to existing dt-site.xml file to use for new installation.
Overrides default and previous dt-site.xml</description>
  </property>

Ambari doesn't allow the blank config value. Please check attached screenshot.
Is there any xml tag in property which will allow me to skip optional parameters?

-Priyanka