ambari-user mailing list archives

From Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: optional (blankable) configuration in custom ambari stacks
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2016 20:43:44 GMT
You should be able to annotate your property like so:

  <property>
    <name>hadoop.security.key.provider.path</name>
    <value></value>
    <value-attributes>
      <empty-value-valid>true</empty-value-valid>
    </value-attributes>
    …
</property>

Thanks,
Nate

From: Xiaoke Zhang <xiaoke@arcadiadata.com>
Date: Friday, June 3, 2016 at 7:28 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject: optional (blankable) configuration in custom ambari stacks

Hi,
I am trying to create a custom stack for Ambari,  I am using version 2.2.1.1 on centos.

ambari-agent-2.2.1.1-70
ambari-server-2.2.1.1-70
One problem I ran into is creating an optionally empty parameter for my service.
srv_ssl_cert and srv_ssl_key. Both are optional. If you don't have it, the service would then
run it on http instead of https.

I tried to put this in my configuration.
-- metainfo.xml
<configuration-dependencies>
       <config-type>my-config</config-type>
 </configuration-dependencies>
--- my-config

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>
  <property require-input="false" >
    <name>srv_ssl_cert</name>
    <value></value>
    <description>
      Path on disk for SSL certificate in PEM format.
    </description>
  </property>
  <property require-input="false" >
    <name>srv_ssl_key</name>
    <value></value>
    <description>
      Path on disk for SSL key in PEM format.
    </description>
  </property>
</configuration>

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.  Even though some of the ambari workshop examples uses require-input="false".
https://github.com/randerzander/r-service/blob/master/configuration/r-config.xml
I tried without the empty <value></value> , ambari just don't show any thing at
all.

I realize I can make it a special value like "none" or "n/a" or ship a with a default self
signed certificate.  Just wondering if ambari has the capability to support optional and "blank
able" parameters.

Thanks for any advice.