ambari-user mailing list archives

From Mahmood N <nt_mahm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ambari permission for users
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 09:14:12 GMT
>You can do this in the sudoers file. There you can specify which user can run which command.
Which commands should I specify?
 Regards,
Mahmood

    On Monday, June 27, 2016 12:08 PM, Loïc Chanel <loic.chanel@telecomnancy.net> wrote:

 Hi Mahmood,
You can do this in the sudoers file. There you can specify which user can run which command.Regards,

Loïc
Loïc CHANEL
System & virtualization engineer
TO - XaaS Ind - Worldline (Villeurbanne, France)

Hello,How can I grant permissions to specific users to run ambari-server? Currently, I get
mahmood@cluster:~$ ambari-server
/usr/sbin/ambari-server: line 47: /var/lib/ambari-server/ambari-env.sh: Permission denied
Using python  /usr/bin/python
Usage:
    {start|stop|restart|setup|setup-jce|upgrade|status|upgradestack|setup-ldap|sync-ldap|set-current|setup-security|setup-sso|refresh-stack-hash|backup|restore|update-host-names|check-database|db-cleanup|enable-stack}
 [options]
    Use  <action> --help to get details on options available.
    Or, simply invoke ambari-server.py --help to print the options.
  Regards,
Mahmood