ambari-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Stadtler <a...@phdata.io>
Subject Re: Ambari on MapR
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 15:02:11 GMT
Pavan,

MapR is actually significantly different than Apache Hadoop it doesn’t use HDFS instead
using its own proprietary MapR-FS and it uses its own patched version of most of the Hadoop
Ecosystem components that have been tested with MapR-FS. You probably want to just stick with
that MapR Control System (MCS), I wouldn’t bother trying to use Ambari.

> On May 4, 2016, at 10:01 PM, Pavan Nadakarni <pnadakarni@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> This may sound bit wierd but has anyone tried to play with Apache Ambari on a MapR Cluster?

> I am planning to do so and trying to find out if anyone faced issues or worked well.
If someone has a note of its implementation then please do share it.