ambari-user mailing list archives

From David Robison <david.robi...@psgglobal.net>
Subject Redundant Ambari services
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 17:34:24 GMT
I am working on setting up a Hadoop cluster where we need to ensure no single point of failure.
As part of this, the question is how best to deploy the Ambari services (e.g. configuration
and monitoring) to provide automatic failover should one of the monitoring nodes fails. One
thought was to use something like corosync and pacemaker to start the ambri-server on the
failover server if the primary should fail. The other idea was to have the ambary-server running
on both servers and use a virtual IP with failover to automatically switch traffic from one
server to the other should one fail. We are deploying onto Ubuntu 14.04. Has anyone done anything
like this? Any thoughts on how to proceed? Thanks, David

David R Robison
Senior Systems Engineer
O. +1 512 247 3700
M. +1 512 608 3173