ambari-user mailing list archives

From Srimanth Gunturi <sgunt...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Flume - always unable to stop 2 flume agents
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 16:29:32 GMT
?Hello,

Could you please describe the setup a little bit more? Are 12 flume agents on 12 different
hosts or on a single host?

Also, have you looked at the flume logs for the those 2 agents to determine what is going
on during the 45 minutes?

Regards,

Srimanth

________________________________
From: cs user <acldstkusr@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 4:44 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Flume - always unable to stop 2 flume agents

Hello,

We have 12 flume agents. Whenever we change the config and need to restart the affected nodes,
we always end up with 2 flume agents which refuse to stop, it takes multiple attempts (sometimes
this takes as long as 45 mins) to eventually stop the agents. You have to keep trying to restart
them.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a work around?

Thanks!