ambari-user mailing list archives

From Joe Wang <jw...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Missing "manage ambari" on rightmost dropdown
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:00:55 GMT
Hi Eirik,

When you find Manage Ambari is missing, refreshing the page should resolve the problem.
The cause of this is: Some ADMIN user is given operator privilege or is added to some group
that is given operator privilege.
So the resolution of this problem is removing the operator privilege of ADMIN users, as ADMIN
role covers all privileges of an operator role. For the users that have ADMIN privilege, steps
are: Manage Ambari --> Manage Permissions (or Permissions under Cluster tab) --> remove
admin from operator well. However, for users that belong to a group that has ADMIN privileges,
it needs to be remove from the group.

Thank you

Joe