ambari-user mailing list archives

From Henning Kropp <hkr...@microlution.de>
Subject Re: How to remove a client from a host
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 19:53:40 GMT
Hi,

HIVE is a service, which contains of components. In your case you want
to remove the host component HIVE_CLIENT from a host. Here is how you
can do it:

# Stop the component by putting it in state "INSTALLED" (yes you also
need to stop a client)
curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-by:ambari" -i -k -X PUT -d
'{"ServiceComponentInfo": {"state": "INSTALLED"}}'
http://<ambari_host>:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster_name>/hosts/<host_fqdn>/host_components/HIVE_CLIENT

# Remove the component
curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-by:ambari" -i -k -X DELETE
http://<ambari_host>:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster_name>/hosts/<host_fqdn>/host_components/HIVE_CLIENT

Let me know if this worked for you.

Regards,
Henning