ambari-user mailing list archives

From Henning Kropp <hkr...@microlution.de>
Subject Re: Changing the Alert Definitions
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 16:41:56 GMT
Worked now. Thanks.

Am 05/04/16 um 18:01 schrieb Jonathan Hurley:
> The alerts.json file is only to pickup brand new alerts that are not currently defined
in the system. It's more of a way to quickly seed Ambari with a default set of alerts. If
the alert has already been created, any updates for that alert made in alerts.json will not
be brought in. You'll need to use the REST APIs to update existing definitions.

> You are correct that the agents run the alerts. The definitions.json file on each agent
shows what alerts it is trying to run.

>> On Apr 5, 2016, at 11:46 AM, Henning Kropp <hkropp@microlution.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently trying to change the alert definitions. I used the REST api to put
a new definition for example for id /30 . I can see the changes when doing a GET.

>> Additionaly I replaced the alert.json of the service under ambari-server and ambari-agent.
Still the changes are not reflected in /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/alerts/definition.json
and I suspect the alert is not working as expected because of this.

>> As I undestand the defintions are broadcasted with heartbeats by the server? And
are executed on the host by the agent, where the service is running? Right?