ambari-user mailing list archives

From Henning Kropp <hkr...@microlution.de>
Subject Changing the Alert Definitions
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 15:46:03 GMT
Hi,

I am currently trying to change the alert definitions. I used the REST
api to put a new definition for example for id /30 . I can see the
changes when doing a GET.

Additionaly I replaced the alert.json of the service under ambari-server
and ambari-agent. Still the changes are not reflected in
/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/alerts/definition.json and I suspect the
alert is not working as expected because of this.

As I undestand the defintions are broadcasted with heartbeats by the
server? And are executed on the host by the agent, where the service is
running? Right?

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Henning