ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Changing the Alert Definitions
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 13:26:23 GMT
I think what you're asking about is a concept known as host-level alerts. These are alerts
which are not scoped by any particular hadoop service. A good example of this is the disk
usage alert. It's bound only to a host and will be distributed and run regardless of what
components are installed on that host.

There are two ways to add a host alert:
1) Edit the alerts.json under /var/lib/ambari-server/resources and add your new alert to the
"AMBARI_AGENT" component.
2) Use the REST APIs to create your new alert. The service should be "AMBARI" and the component
should be "AMBARI_AGENT".

You can use the current agent alert (disk usage) as an example:
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/alerts.json#L31

On Apr 6, 2016, at 8:56 AM, Henning Kropp <hkropp@microlution.de<mailto:hkropp@microlution.de>>