ambari-user mailing list archives

From Roberta Marton <roberta.mar...@esgyn.com>
Subject Trying to create hbase tables after enabling Kerberos with Ambari
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:08:06 GMT
I am trying to install Kerberos on top of my Hortonworks installation.  I
have tried this with both versions 2.2 and 2.3 and get similar results.

After I enable Kerberos, I create a Linux user called trafodion and grant
this user all HBase permissions.

I connect as trafodion but get permission errors when I try to create a
table.

Details:

[trafodion@myhost ~]$ whoami

trafodion

[trafodion@myhost ~]$ klist

Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_503

Default principal: *trafodion-robertaCluster@TRAFKDC.COM
<trafodion-robertaCluster@TRAFKDC.COM>*

03/21/16 16:39:33  03/22/16 16:39:33  krbtgt/TRAFKDC.COM@TRAFKDC.COM

        renew until 03/21/16 16:39:33

hbase shell

hbase(main):002:0> whoami

*trafodion-robertaCluster@TRAFKDC.COM
<trafodion-robertaCluster@TRAFKDC.COM>* (auth:KERBEROS)OIw

2016-03-21 17:06:22,925 WARN  [main] security.UserGroupInformation: No
groups available for user trafodion-robertaCluster

hbase(main):003:0> user_permission

User                            Table,Family,Qualifier:Permission

trafodion                      hbase:acl,,: [Permission:
actions=READ,WRITE,EXEC,CREATE,ADMIN]

ambari-qa                      hbase:acl,,: [Permission:
actions=READ,WRITE,EXEC,CREATE,ADMIN]

2 row(s) in 1.7630 seconds

hbase(main):004:0> create 't1', 'f1', 'f2'

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: Insufficient
permissions for user 'trafodion-robertaCluster' (global, action=CREATE)

I am able to perform ‘user_permission’ but not ‘create’

Any suggestion on how to proceed?

    Roberta