ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ganesh Viswanathan <gan...@gmail.com>
Subject Manual install locations for Ambari, HDFS and HBase
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 17:17:48 GMT
Hello-
I am trying to setup a hadoop cluster using custom locations. My root fs
does not have enough storage, but I have a large ephemeral storage disk
that I could mount and use for installing Ambari and HDFS, HBase.

Is there a configuration setting in Ambari that can help me move all
Ambari+Hadoop related storage (Ambari scripts, configs, logs, HDFS, HBase,
Zkpr data, etc.) into  separate drives (for eg., /hadoop, /hbase, /ambari,
etc.).

I know it works when building HDFS and HBase from Apache sources and
customizing the installation. But I updated all the settings in step
"Customize Services" in Ambari but still see Hadoop conf directories
missing and Ambari scripts running from /etc, /var etc. *Is there a central
root.dir setting for each of these services (ambari and services deployed
by ambari) that can help me update the locations?*

Thanks!
Ganesh