ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ganesh Viswanathan <gan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambari - HDP.repo issue
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 17:59:49 GMT
I managed to fix the repo url issue and complete cluster deployment.

I was going back to previous Ambari steps several times while setting up
the cluster and looks like this caused several settings to not get updated
to the latest values.
I saw several issues in registering hosts and getting the latest settings.
But these and the HDP.repo url got fixed by restarting the ambari-server,
adding the correct base url in the "Advanced Repostory Options", and then
going down the steps without changes.

But I'm curious- are the configuration values provided by users in each
Ambari step appended to a config file on the server host? Or is it cached
in cookies on the browser until the last *summary and deploy* step?