ambari-user mailing list archives

From cs user <acldstk...@gmail.com>
Subject Recovering from a dead master namenode server
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 13:00:13 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to understand how to recover from certain failures within
Ambari. When launching within a cloud environment, it's possible that a
host may be completed deleted, and you won't have the chance to
decommission the node.

For example, in the event that the server hosting the master hdfs namenode
was lost, would it be possible to spin up another server in its place,
built completely from scratch and have this replace the old namenode master?

Currently when I attempt to delete a failed host, it warns me that the
following components need to be moved:

NameNode, Spark History Server

It also then tries to talk me through the process of copying data from the
old namenode to the new namenode. If the server has been deleted, this
would not be possible. Would it be possible to copy this data from the
secondary namenode instead?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers!